RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Currently taking appointments for one on one and small group classes
Contact me with any questions or to book a date!
CHALK PAINT FOR BEGINNERS
Love the look of painted furniture and home accessories? Ever want to learn how to create that look but haven't known where to get started? Are you a crafty person who's dabbled in paint but isn't as familiar with chalk painting? Or maybe you'd just like to spend a couple hours having some fun with paint?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this workshop is for you!
We'll meet at my studio [in the Virginia Highlands neighborhood of Atlanta] and I'll show you the basics and benefits of chalk painting. You'll leave having learned different painting, distressing and waxing techniques, and feel confident about starting your own projects at home!
- For Morning Classes: beverages [including Coffee and Tea] + small bites + fresh fruit
- For Evening Classes: beverages [including a cocktail or wine and infused water, or BYOB!] + small bites
- Full use of all my personal painting supplies and sample boards to test techniques on
- Create your own custom paint sample to take home [perfect amount for painting a few frames, mirrors, flower pots, or any other small project you can conjure up!]
- My guide to the basics of chalk painting [PDF file], so you can refer to it when working on your own at home
What to wear and bring: It's not a messy kind of class, but I wouldn't wear your finest clothes, just to be on the safe side! [optional] You're welcome to bring your own small frame or mirror to paint [keep it under 11x14 please!]. Thrift stores, your local Goodwill or Target are all great places to pick something up! If you're thinking of future projects you'd like to work on, bring photos of those [on your phone is just fine!] and any color swatches so I can give you personalized advice about your specific project.
If you're unable to make it to the date you're scheduled, give me 48 hours notice, and I'd be happy to place you in a future workshop. So sorry, but no shows on the day of class are non refundable, so make sure to mark your calendar once you've booked. I'll also send out a reminder a couple days in advance!